Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WWOD

Today while listening to NPR's show All Things Considered I heard a very entertaining clip from a woman who has embarked on a remarkable journey--she has determined to live the entire year as a follower of all of the advice given by Oprah Winfrey. When the interviewer asked her how she felt after a half-year of following her course, she replied, "Exhausted." Ha ha. Though she insisted the experiment was not meant to poke fun of the Industry of Oprah (though poking fun certainly seems to play its part!), it does highlight something I have been known to criticize: the tendency of people to unthinkingly accept the lifestyles/philosophies/opinions of their favorite celebrities, just because they happen to be famous. Anyway, if you need a good laugh today check out the site here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nico, Yep, parallel universes for sure, (except I already have all my degrees). I may post some construction war stories on my blog later (I've been self employed for 26 years now after getting fired from my ministry job, so I have a few to tell.) I like your archives, and I LOVED Staniloea's books. Nice to meet you finally.

    ReplyDelete