Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Now here's something interesting


I wrote a paper for a literature class this session on Hawthorne's short story "The Minister's Black Veil." That turned out OK, but my professor gave us the additional assignment of putting together a PowerPoint presentation to go along with our paper. I was having a problem finding a picture of a minister with a black veil--yeah, I know, you'd think with all the crap on the Internet someone would have a picture like this, but nothing doing. So, with the help of my son (the photographer), my black leather hat, a black overcoat, and a couple of well-placed tissues--The Reverend Mr. Hooper comes to life!

2 comments:

  1. Steve,
    I really like Hawthorne, and this story is one of my favorites, but--my short-lived experience as a veiled minister proved that only a preacher with iron shins could manage to live a whole life like this. I think I should have picked Irving's "Rip Van Winkle" as my project instead.

    ReplyDelete