Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Price of Water

( Attribution: W.J.Pilsak at the German language Wikipedia )


I haven't been to the movie theater in years. The last movie I went to see was We Were Soldiers, if that helps to give you an idea of how out-of-the-loop I am. So you can imagine my shock when I heard on a morning news show that a small bottle of water at a movie concession costs around $4.00. (I verified this price with my movie-going daughter. This is true.) Who in the hell would spend that kind of money for a bottle of water?! Unless someone was shriveling up in a desert, or a castaway at sea, I just cannot imagine it. If I spend $4.00 on water, it better be in the form of two cubes adequately surrounded by scotch or bourbon.

2 comments:

  1. LOL ...sounds like a plan. $4.00 for a bottle of water is daylight robbery! I can buy a case of 24 bottles for that price.
    RYN: Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I understand it, most people just sneak their own snacks into the theater anyway. No wonder.

      Delete